Wednesday, June 5, 2013

7 More Sleeps

Only 7 more sleeps until we get to see Baby again! I am so anxious and ready. I just like that reassurance I feel after seeing Baby in there all wiggly and cute. :)

I have been a bit bothered lately, though. I thought this would feel different. I always imagined telling people that we were finally pregnant and being on top of the world, excited, and just over the moon. I definitely have all of those feelings, but why am I also still so scared ? Is this normal? I'm just so afraid something will go wrong. We announced to everyone over Memorial Day weekend- friends, family, Facebook, work, etc. Everyone knows now, and for some reason that scares me. The support and excitement for us has been more than I ever could have imagined, which has been wonderful and refreshing. I just wish I could get past this fear of something bad happening to Baby. It's out of my control and I know that, so I need to just let it go... besides the fact that I have no reason at all to think anything bad will happen. Baby has been growing exactly how it should since day 1!!! I don't know if it's part of being pregnant after this journey we have been on, or maybe all pregnant women feel this way. Or maybe it's hormones. If you have any advice, please share. Right now I'm living on prayers and deep breaths!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

In general, being pregnant brings its fears! (Like, I woke up on my back last night and I've been worried about it all morning! And it's probably no big deal...)

I worry, too, that the baby is growing properly and next is the thought of bringing a baby into a scary world. I can only imagine with your journey, the extra worry on top of all that.

I love meditating on scripture:

"God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and of a sound mind." 1 Tim. 1:7

"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but be of GOOD CHEER for I have overcome the world!" John 16:33

You guys are in our nightly prayers! Be encouraged! xoxo

Jen Cagle said...

Lauren I think you will feel this way until the baby is in your arms! I can tell you not to worry but I know you will.. You have worked so hard to be where you are you have to enjoy it. Heck, you still have so much to experience... all the movements, the hiccups, the late night gotta pee every two hours, and the GOTTA HAVE IT NOW cravings... i mean come on, your pregnant during the state fair... SCORE! Enjoy it.. because some part of you will miss being pregnant when its over. I have faith that you and baby will enjoy this journey... :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Lauren, I myself suffered a miscarriage back in 2009 and since then was afraid to try to get pregnant. I wondered if that meant that I couldn't conceive? Thank God, that wasn't my case since God has blessed me with twins who are days away from being 3 months old! When I first found out I was pregnant last year I too was afraid that I would lose them. I was afraid that this thing that I was so happy about would leave me when all I wanted was for it to stay with me. I think you're on the right track, we have to have faith. Faith that God knows why he does what he does, Faith that he has great plans for our life, Faith that he might not come when we call him but he's always on time. I truly believe that in your journey you've helped so many other women who had maybe lost their faith and who have now regained it knowing that God has blessed you with this baby. I am going to pray and have faith that in a few months we will meet this baby that you have so longed for. A baby that was made with love, a baby that you've loved for so long now. Just know that you've come this far for a reason, the baby is healthy and you have so many people praying for you it's not even funny! Be calm, be happy, be content and just know that everything will be alright!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

X*O*X*O

Post a Comment