Thursday, November 1, 2012

AMH Test, Round 3

Dr. P wanted to test my AMH level one more time, just to see if it had changed. As a reminder, your AMH level can be tested (by blood test) on any day of your cycle, and the results are thought to reflect the size of the remaining egg supply, or "ovarian reserve". My first AMH test came back at .8, which by the chart below is low. The second level came back at 1.2, and this month's came back at 1.4. I think this is good news, indicating that I do not have a low egg count like we once thought. This does not tell us anything about egg quality, which we think is the main reason we can't get/stay pregnant. But vitamins, diet, and acupuncture can help with this, and I am doing all of those things. I've also cut out alcohol again. The only way to truly tell egg quality is by doing IVF, because they remove the eggs and send them to a lab for examination. If this IUI fails, we will be moving on to IVF, so there may be more to learn about that later. But for now, I am happy with these results!

Interpretation
AMH Blood Level
High (often PCOS)
Over 3.0 ng/ml
Normal
Over 1.0 ng/ml
Low Normal Range
0.7 - 0.9 ng/ml
Low
0.3 - 0.6 ng/ml
Very Low
Less than 0.3 ng/ml

0 comments:

Post a Comment