Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Spotting Update

We met with Dr. P today to discuss IVF- more on that later. I started our discussion by asking him about my spotting. He said the same thing they told me yesterday; that he thinks it is ovulation spotting. I told him that I really did not think that was what it was, so he suggested we do an ultrasound to see what was going on. The ultrasound revealed the biggest follicle I have ever seen on my right ovary (26mm), and a decent size one on my left. I asked if the large follicle could be a cyst, and he said because of it's very pretty circular shape, he does not think so. The problem is, my lining is only 6.8mm, and with a follicle that big, it should be around 8mm, so he thinks it's maybe a bad egg. He still didn't have an explanation for the spotting, but said he is not concerned about it. I will be having a hysteroscopy, where the uterus is filled with a fluid, such as saline and a hysteroscope is inserted through the cervix into the uterus so the inner surface of the uterus can be examined. sometime over the next few weeks in preparation for IVF (if we decide to move forward), so that should tell us if there are any issues in the uterus that we should look into.

Okay, back to not thinking/caring/worrying about this cycle. Cheers.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment